Wireless Firmware Engineer
Jeeva Wireless is a technology startup building wireless communication solutions for the next wave of connected devices. Jeeva’s unique technology provides extremely low cost, small form factor, and orders of magnitude lower power consumption, while achieving long operating range and high reliability. Jeeva is searching for high performing, dedicated individuals to help us blaze new trails.
---ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES---
Jeeva is looking for wireless firmware engineer to join the technical team. You will primarily be responsible for the design, implementation and testing of wireless systems using wireless SoC’s, FPGAs, DSPs and/or software defined radios. You will be working as a part of a cross-functional group in developing the next generation of the low power wireless systems. You will be part of a small but fast-moving engineering team with significant existing design expertise and high expectations.
The position requires strong communication skills and ability to think outside the box. In addition to the skills listed below, the ideal candidate should thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and be excited and motivated to build wireless communication systems for new high-impact IoT applications.
● Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related discipline.
● Embedded C, C++ familiarity and development experience with MSP430/ARM microcontrollers, software radios or similar platforms.
● Experience working with drivers for various communication protocols (especially USB, SPI, I2C and UART), system-level integration, and low power design.
● Hands on experience in prototype bring-up, debugging and functional verification.
● Experience with software defined radios, FPGAs and wireless SoCs (Wi-Fi, BLE).
● Knowledge of wireless communication fundamentals such as signal propagation, multi-path, interference, link budget analysis, etc.
● Familiarity with physical layer protocols (FSK, O-QPSK, FSK, OFDM, etc.), channel estimation techniques and multi-antenna topologies such as MIMO.
● Experience working with DSPs for wireless communication.
● Experience with design, architecture and layout of printed circuit boards.
With our unique technology, Jeeva is positioned to meet the needs of a plethora of applications of wireless connectivity that are not well served by conventional wireless solutions. Join us as we work to capture this opportunity and become a significant force in wireless.
Jeeva is committed to a friendly and welcoming working environment and has a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees. Jeeva does not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religious affiliation, or any other legally protected status.
Jeeva is located in downtown Seattle, Washington.