Wireless Telecom Embedded Protocols Software Engineer
Pivotal Commware is the inventor of Holographic Beam Forming® (HBF), a patented breakthrough in electromagnetic physics that enables its Software Defined Antennas to harness, shape and direct radio waves so mobile carriers can maximize capacity, coverage and throughput on demand. HBF offers order-of-magnitude advantages over legacy beamforming systems in Cost, Size, Weight and Power consumption (C-SWaP) and is recognized as an essential element in the 5G ecosystem. 5G leadership is pivotal to the US economy, and 5G is Pivotal.
As an Embedded Protocol Software Engineer at Pivotal Commware, you will:
● Develop 5G protocol stacks for SDR on high performance application and vector processors running Linux and FreeRTOS
● Specify, design, and implement the firmware of a state-of-the-art mobile wireless communications system
● Work with standards technology development and system engineering to translate 5G communication designs and algorithms into functional prototypes
● Implement key protocol, signal processing and numerical algorithms with very tight time, latency and energy budgets by interfacing to specialized cellular ASIC hardware
● Assess risks, identify issues and solutions to timely and efficiently achieve program goals and project objectives
● Drive resolution of technical issues with cross-functional teams escalate issues in an appropriate and timely manner
● Support IODT with critical ecosystem partners
● Evaluate and implement leading edge tools for formal verification and test.
● Define methodologies and best practices.
The Protocol Engineer must have;
● Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline, with background in wireless communications and embedded software engineering.
● 5+ years in LTE, LTE-Advanced, 5G and Wireless Modem protocol stacks
● Experience with hardware control for physical layer 4G/5G data path processing.
● Understanding of 5G and 4G 3GPP protocols.
● Deep understanding of software engineering principles, and core computer science fundamentals.
● Strong proficiency with C and C++, and embedded software development
● Significant experience with memory constrained RTOSs, DSP, and concurrent programming
● Working knowledge of computer architecture with emphasis on the HW/SW interfaces of high speed communication subsystems.
● Proficiency debugging embedded software systems. Familiarity with UARTs,JTAG, and oscilloscopes.
Pivotal was named among Washington’s Top 100 Places to Work in 2018 & 2019 and has attracted $40M in investment. At Pivotal you’ll join a team experienced in advanced communications, commercial antennas, RF circuit design, machine learning and active/nonlinear metamaterials. If you want to apply yourself to this fascinating endeavor, then we’d like to hear from you!
APPLY NOW or learn more about us and HBF at PivotalCommware.com
Pivotal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Read Full Job Description