Workday Sr. Development Engineer
The Expedia Peoples Technology Team is looking for a Sr. Development Engineer with a focus on Workday SaaS ERP to support the Expedia Group Brands. As an engineer, your main responsibility will be defining and implementing Workday Business Processes, Configurations, Integrations and 3rd party tools. You will be an integral part of a team dedicated to constantly improving the configuration and customization of Workday to meet Expedia’s global requirement.
This position combines expert-level proficiency in multiple Workday modules with the ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with Product Managers/ Technical Product Managers , turning broad requirements into deliverable work items and executing on them. The individual will also work with multi-functional teams to address system, interface, data and vendor issues.
What you'll do:
- Participate in the design, analysis, development and deployment efforts for multiple application projects to solve complex human resources business problems.
- Design, document, configure, and implement Business Processes for various Workday modules such as Recruiting & Talent, Compensation, Payroll and other areas in the HCM module.
- Design, code, write design / technical specifications
- Perform code reviews, data conversions
- Collaborate with peer groups on integration strategies - inbound/outbound from Workday systems - and implement the same.
- Collaborating with Developers, Product managers, Technical Product managers and Production Support Engineers to implement technical requirements.
- Creating runbooks for troubleshooting, recovery, and routine maintenance of in house developed systems.
- Collaborate with 3rd party companies that support native and custom Workday Integrations.
Who you are:
- An individual with 10+ years of design/development and implementation experience with Human Resource Capital Management systems.
- An individual with strong analytical skills and experience with Workday (5+ years) and experience in large scale HCM implementations
- Have functional configuration experience in HCM module with focus in one or more of the following modules: Payroll, Talent Management, Recruiting, Compensation, security, reporting or integrations.
- Experience with Workday reporting & BIRT skills – should have worked on Advanced/Matrix/Composite reports independently.
- Knowledge of Workday Dashboards is a plus
- Have good knowledge of Workday Security architecture and Workday Cloud Platforms
- Knowledge of Domain, Role and User based security
- Hands on experience in inbound/ outbound integrations using Core Connector, PICOF, PECI, Workday Studio, ETV/XTT functions in Document Transformation, managing business processes, working with EIB, report writer
- Experience with XML, XPATH and XSLT, SOAP, REST API, MVEL Language
- Experience developing API, WebServices using DotNet, Java, Struts in the HR domain preferred
- Understanding of Agile project methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban, required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in information science, computer science, business or equivalent work experience.
- Workday certification preferred but not required.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.