Possess a keen level of attention to detail and thrive in identifying and implementing process improvement. You are a team player looking to make an impact in your next role. You have a strong foundation in Generally Accepting Accounting Principles (GAAP) with specific emphasis in account reconciliations, month-end close and payroll processing.
We are passionate about bringing our A-game to work every day and supporting our internal and external customers. We have a growth mindset, are curious, motivated and committed to ensuring our operations are efficient and effective. We are a cohesive and collaborative team who's always raising our own bar.
What we want you to do:
- Assist Payroll team with new employee setup, employee inquiries and processing day to day payroll transaction (benefit election changes, equity transactions, etc) and monthly payroll duties
- Prepare monthly payroll for Company’s Australian and Canadian entities including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Respond to state agency surveys and requests on behalf of the Payroll team
- Prepare journal entries, monthly accruals and account reconciliations for Prepaid and Accrued Expenses
- Reconcile Company’s six operating cash accounts weekly, and prepare final month-end reconciliations, including identifying, researching and reconciling any discrepancies timely
- Perform investment reconciliations and journal entries, including identifying, researching and reconciling any discrepancies timely
- Assist other accounting team members to accomplish department goals and objectives
- Support management efforts to establish appropriate internal controls and assist in implementation of new policies and procedures
- Provide support for ad hoc projects
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related business field.
- 2-4+ years of applicable work experience; preferably with exposure to general ledger, month-end close and reconciliation in an ERP environment.
- Advanced Excel skills required, along with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with discretion.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Public accounting experience or CPA certification
- Experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing environments
- Experience with NetSuite OneWorld
- Experience with Foreign Payroll processing for Australia and Canada
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k, and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.