Accounting Manager (Contract) at Remitly
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
As a member of Remitly’s Customer Transactional Accounting Program (CTAP), you will report to our Controller as an accomplished Accounting Manager who is excited by the opportunity to make a big impact in a growing Company. The opportunity to work with us starts as soon as you are ready and will extend until the end of September.
In this role you will:
- Oversee the Order to Cash process, which includes proper accounting and analyses of revenue, cost of sales, cash, customer liabilities, foreign exchange gains/losses, and reserve estimates
- Determine the accounting impact of new products and services, revenue streams and distribution channels
- Lead a team to develop technical solutions to optimize data management and improve our processes through data preparation, analysis, and prototyping models with a focus on increasing process efficiencies while maintaining accuracy.
- Build a working relationship with our partners to ensure the delivery of high-quality financial information.
- Work with product and treasury teams to ensure accuracy and efficiency of accounting and financial analyses
- Use technical knowledge to serve as the expert on revenue, customer incentives, cash, foreign exchange translation, and customer liability accounting.
- Be the primary liaison for the Order to Cash process for the financial audit.
Who You Are:
- You have a bachelor’s or master's degree in accounting, business, or finance and 5+ years of professional experience in an accounting or financial role. Management experience preferred.
- You drive toward continuous improvement and have experience streamlining processes
- You are a master of balance and prioritization in a changing and growing business
- You have a deep familiarity with data manipulation using tools such as Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets). You have lots of experience analyzing and working with large datasets.
- You use data to clearly explain decisions to individual contributors while leading them to reach common goals
- You tenaciously accomplish your commitments, no matter how small.
Who we are
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are looking for team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals looking for employment at Remitly are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer