Accounting Manager at New Engen
New Engen is looking for an Accounting Manager to manage the day-to-day accounting, monthly and annual close processes. This is a hands-on position that will assist with driving the improvement of tools, processes, and procedures to allow the company to rapidly scale. The role is based in our Seattle Headquarters and reports to the VP of Finance.
· Oversee and ensure all aspects of monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes are completed timely and accurately; including the review of all entries, reconciliations, and relevant disclosures.
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements in accordance with GAAP; assist with ad hoc reporting for investors and other stakeholders.
· Implement accounting and reporting in support of future international expansion.
· Coach, mentor, and develop a team of high performing accountants; ensuring accounting processes are executed in a timely manner, with an emphasis on customer service.
· Review all new and revised customer contracts to ensure consistent application of the Company's revenue recognition policies under ASC 606.
· Own completeness and accuracy of the bi-monthly US payroll and commissions process.
· Collaborate effectively with the company's external auditors to successfully resolve complex accounting, reporting, tax and compliance related matters.
· Work cross-functionally on contemplated business transactions to ensure relevant accounting issues are identified, analyzed, and documented in accounting memorandums.
· Participate in general ledger (GL) system upgrades, implementations, and integrations of all other systems which interface with the general ledger, as required.
· Partner Senior Leadership in a variety of functions such as: special projects, policy setting, evaluating the need for new systems, processes, and standardization of accounting practices.
Skills and Experience:
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting required
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
Mix of public and private accounting with progressive increases in responsibility
Strong knowledge of GAAP, including financial statement preparation and revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606
People management experience
Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite
Experience implementing general ledger and/or other accounting systems and software
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Strong interpersonal and team skills including excellent communication skills, both written, and verbal
Ability to multitask and prioritize accordingly in a rapidly changing environment
Flexible, organized, and detail oriented