You: An accomplished Accounting leader that is passionate about process improvement and challenging the status quo. You are excited to be a part of a support organization and provide best in class service to our internal customers.
Us: We are passionate about bringing our A-game to work every day and supporting our internal customers. We are smart, curious, motivated and committed to ensure our operations are efficient and effective.
What we want you to do:
- Lead a team of professional accountants and actively manage and improve the procurement and payables, general accounting and travel and expense processes. This includes managing deliverables, developing goals, setting expectations and providing ongoing feedback on performance and development opportunities
- Manage and continually improve month-end close functions, including oversight of monthly account reconciliations and review and approval of journal entries
- Manage compliance with our internal control process, including compliance with existing controls and assisting in the design and implementation of new controls or modification of existing controls
- Collaborate with other accounting department managers to support the overall department goals and objectives
- Develop strong inter-departmental and cross-departmental relationships to foster a team environment and deliver outstanding results to our internal customers
- Support and encourage team members to challenge norms with a goal of continuous process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum 6+ years’ work experience ideally including a mix of private and public company experience, preferably in the high technology sector with prior management experience
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, and occasional weekend and/or evenings as required to meet deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- CPA is strongly preferred
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance
- Experience with NetSuite, Workday, Concur and Coupa highly preferred
- Potential to grow with the company and take on additional responsibilities
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, Apptio stock and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k, employee stock purchase plan and other voluntary programs.
Apptio (NASDAQ: APTI) is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.