Based in Seattle, Washington, LiquidPlanner is a 40-employee software company offering tools and service to enable project, portfolio and resource management solutions. We are looking for an accounting and finance professional to provide functional expertise in support of our business and as a key member of our team.
This role will oversee all accounting processes and related company practices. It is accountable for daily execution of all activity requiring expenditure or collection of company funds and is responsible for production of the period close process, analytics and reporting. The role works in partnership with our private equity company to prepare and produce financial documents and board meeting materials. The job is multi-faceted and broad-based, contributing as a member of the general and administrative team to office management duties and overall care of our team to deliver and sustain the very best work environment and experience possible.
This role reports to our VP of Operations and works in close partnership with our team members responsible for Human Resources and Business Systems. The role is supported by a recently engaged contract basis Sr. Accounting professional on site one to two days per week.
Specific areas of contribution:
- Guides and refines accounting processes by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures for efficiency and controls
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions
- Coordinates and supports annual external audit, following up to address items identified that need remediation
- Oversees regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Execution of accounts payables and receivables
- Execution of bi-weekly payroll
- Period consolidation and close reporting and analysis
- Financial statement preparation and production
- Management of tools & vendors relevant to accounting & finance operations
- Financial analysis and trending reflected in dashboards created and produced
- Support with development and production of SaaS metrics
Desired skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree - Accounting, finance or related field preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in GAAP accounting
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills plus impeccable ethics and integrity
- Familiar with standard practices and procedures of a SaaS based subscription business
- Competent accounting system and software user including working knowledge of QuickBooks, Excel, ADP and familiarity with Salesforce and billing tools
- Aptitude for numbers - quantitative skills, accuracy and attention to detail is paramount