Accounting Specialist (Part-Time)
EnergySavvy is hiring a collaborative accounting specialist with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms. We’re looking for someone who can work 20-25 hours per week. Our software helps people make their homes more energy efficient, addressing a major source of energy waste in this country. If you’re passionate about cleantech and interested in getting hands-on accounting experience, you’ll thrive as an accounting specialist at EnergySavvy.
This role will partner with our finance and accounting team. You will focus primarily on expense accounting and will also help with a small set of recurring administrative duties. We’re looking for a motivated teammate who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking and can handle sensitive information with integrity.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- All Accounts Payable tasks
- Support proper record keeping for company expenses
- Monitor vendor expenses to ensure charges are consistent and accurate
- Enter all bills and record expenses to the proper accounts in accounting software (Quickbooks)
- Maintain depreciation and prepaid schedules
- Handle company credit cards and monitor spending
- Review Employee Expense Reports (and monitor travel to make sure all related expenses are in the right period)
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual tax filings (Sales tax, B&O, PPT)
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Accounts Receivable check-ins and weekly reports
- Support Client Services team with administrative tasks related to hourly billing
- Provide office administrative tasks as needed. This will be a combination of working with food/snack vendors, coordinating offsite meetings, special projects as needed, etc. (about 3-4 hours/week and specific responsibilities to be determined)
Accounting Specialist Requirements:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience or a recent graduate with equivalent experience
- Basic understanding of accounting and financial principles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility
- Motivation and strong desire to tackle new challenges and learn as much as possible
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with Quickbooks online preferred, but not required
EnergySavvy is a cloud software company that helps utilities transform their customer experience and operations. EnergySavvy provides personalized customer insights, breakthrough customer engagement, and automated program delivery with the industry's only platform purpose-built to enhance the customer experience and increase operational efficiency. More than 30 utilities and state programs rely on EnergySavvy to enable customer experience transformation in the modern, digital customer era.
We believe in diversity, not merely because it’s a mechanism for happier, more productive teams, but because we believe we have an obligation to work against structural discrimination. We welcome all race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about our company and culture.