Accounting Supervisor, International Accounting at Getty Images
Who We Are:
Getty Images is one of the most trusted and esteemed sources of visual content in the world, with over 300 million assets including photos, videos, and music, available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in nearly every country in the world and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful visual content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 250,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events each year, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Who You Are:
You are a technical accountant with international experience including foreign transactions and IFRS. You have a strong attention to detail and are naturally analytical. You are excited by the idea of working in a fast moving environment where you will be responsible for the supervision and oversight of numerous foreign entity audits and reporting requirements. You enjoy working closely with other functional groups, outside auditors, external accountants and set the example for eliminating silos between teams by always promoting open and free communication. As the ideal candidate you are; a CPA, have over 5 years experience, public accounting audit experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. This position plays a key role in the Finance Team and is responsible for supervising the International function within the Accounting and Reporting Group. This position reports to the Manager of International Accounting.
Your Next Challenge:
- Responsible for EMEA and APAC statutory accounting; while this role does not have any direct reports, it does include helping select, develop, mentor, and counsel the other team members.
- Help supervise external auditors including planning, testing, scheduling, tracking, PBC deliverables, and helping in preparation and review of audited financial statements in addition to compilations.
- Help facilitate and manage team workload to ensure that statutory deadlines can be met.
- Responsible for ensuring foreign subsidiaries prepare and file their annual financial statements in compliance with local standards.
- Prepares and reviews prepared by client audit request deliverables.
- Prepares, analyzes, and presents year to date or quarterly financial statements including commentary of variances for financial amounts with multiple business relationships.
- Reviews quarterly and year to date account reconciliations.
- Works closely with other functional groups including the general ledger month-end close team, tax team, legal team, external accountants and auditors.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of accounting experience with progressively increased responsibility and complexity (preferably audit experience in public accounting).
- Experience/understanding of foreign transactions, IFRS and/or foreign standards.
- Experience/understanding of foreign currency and intercompany relationship and implications.
- International experience is a plus, specifically in Europe and Asia.
- Strong technical accounting skills. Ability to research accounting issues using appropriate guidance, recommend appropriate accounting, and write memos to support conclusions in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS, and/or foreign GAAP.
- Experience taking the lead in managing processes/projects.
- Exceptional communication and management of communication among various parties and across time zones.
- Ability to work productively in a changing environment.
- Proven ability to take ownership of assignments and be flexible in order to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. Must be able to prioritize personal and team workload as necessary to meet the business needs and statutory deadlines.
- Ability to independently set direction and deliver results.
- Experience of Oracle and Hyperion preferred, but not essential assuming experience of similar level financial systems.
- A combination of financial, operations, and/or analytical experiences that includes knowledge of automated financial systems.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.