Intentional Futures is a modern consultancy that works with visionaries and realists to bring the future a little closer. We are a tight-knit team of curious, creative, analytical people committed to revealing insightful truths, bringing clarity to the complex, and developing novel ways to tackle tough problems.
Description of Role
We are looking for a candidate to support the Finance and Operations team by providing accounting, administrative and clerical services in our Capitol Hill, Seattle office. This is a part-time hourly position requiring 20 - 29 hours per week with flexibility to accommodate varying schedules, Monday to Friday.
We welcome non-traditional paths into your current career: iF is full of people with unique backgrounds and experiences.
What you will do:
- Data entry
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services
- Verify that transactions comply with contracts, financial policies and procedures
- Obtain approval for payment from appropriate strategists or partners
- Review expense reports for appropriate accounts and cost centers
- Manage bi-weekly check and ACH payments
- Assist in managing fixed assets
- Ad-hoc accounting and finance projects as assigned
Office Administration and Project Assistance:
- Maintain office cleanliness - kitchen, conference rooms
- Run errands in the area
- Assist in event planning and preparation
- Assist strategists with project research
- Order project supplies and materials
- Cover for other Operations team members when they are out of office
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and commonly used math concepts
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- QuickBooks and accounting programs experience a plus
- Bookkeeping experience a plus
- Detail-oriented and thorough with strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong research and organizational skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
This position is onsite in Seattle. We are not able to offer a relocation package.
Intentional Futures supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
IF offers a benefits package that includes domestic partner benefits, parental and adoption leave.
If you enjoy the endless pursuit of the unknown, apply today.