Accounts Payable Specialist, Temp
At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Accounts Payable Specialist, Temp who will perform accounts payable activities including reviewing, processing and timely payment of invoices. This position will positively represent Blue Nile to external vendors and provide prompt service to internal customers. The ideal candidate will have experience with full cycle Accounts Payable, be detail oriented and will complete work with a high degree of accuracy.
This position is expected to last 3 months.
- Processes check and electronic wire payments, ensuring accuracy, completeness, proper coding, and timeliness
- Oversees invoice approval workflow
- Partners with Merchandising team in vendor management and resolving vendor issues
- Investigates and resolves AP exceptions utilizing system reports
- Organizes and maintains vendor payment files
- Identifies opportunities to increase efficiencies in payables processing via automation and/or streamlining processes
- Serves as a back-up to other members of the AP team
- Performs AP responsibilities associated with month-end close process
- Ensures the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over areas of responsibility
- Prepares and/or compiles audit documentation as requested by external auditors
- Other projects and initiatives as needed
- 3+ years of accounts payable experience required
- Experience with Oracle Financial Systems or similar ERP system required
- Ability to perform daily coding and processing of high volume accounts payable data within established time frame and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to research and resolve complex payables issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service to internal customers and external vendors
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and professionalism
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
What we offer:
- Competitive Salaries
- Employee Discount