Analyst, Private Equity at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
The Institutional Research Group is looking for an analyst to join our Private Equity Team. As a valued team member, you'll hone your existing analytical skills, develop meaningful insight into a fascinating industry, and contribute to our best-in-class private capital research. The research this team produces is utilized by many of the largest private capital investors, investment banks and service providers globally. The team is creative, driven and focused on providing the most actionable research to our readers and clients.
PitchBook Institutional Research Group is a provider of research services to private market investors, advisors and market participants. The group provides investment strategy, fund performance, and industry research through a differentiated, framework-driven approach. In addition, the group provides custom research and data analysis support to subscribing clients.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and analysis covering private equity and M&A, venture as well as institutional allocators, global economic conditions and other relevant spaces
- Establish research frameworks to provide independent commentary, evaluations and forecasts around our primary coverage areas, while identifying unique themes that may impact private markets
- Utilize proprietary PitchBook data, the internet, newspapers, academic white papers, public and private company research notes, economic indicator forecasts, etc. to inform and develop actionable analysis
- Write and edit research reports as directed by team pipeline and publishing calendar
- Manage direct-to-client distribution channels for published notes.
- Work closely with data analysis team to identify unique datasets to support research
- Develop and manage relationships with both client and non-client industry professionals to help support primary research efforts
- Manage and respond to inquiries from clients, press, internal colleagues, and the general public regarding published research
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Finance, Business Administration or Economics preferred. Strong understanding of financial concepts such as valuation techniques (DCF, comps, etc.), LBOs, IRRs, portfolio management, etc
- 3-5 years' experience in equity research, investment banking, or other related financial services role
- Strong interest in M&A and private financial markets
- Experience writing long-form research a plus
- Critical thinker
- Detail-oriented / analytical mindset
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in SQL and PitchBook Platform a plus
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.