Analyst, Private Equity
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a three-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our Editorial department is looking to hire an Analyst to join our research analyst group. As a valued team member you’ll hone your existing analytical skills, develop meaningful insight into a fascinating industry, and contribute to our private equity and M&A research. The notes and reports this team produces are utilized by many of the largest private capital investors, investment banks and service providers globally. Our team is creative, driven and focused on providing the most actionable research to our readers and clients.
- Conduct research and analysis across the private equity and M&A industries, as well as corporate and private debt/loan markets, global economic conditions and other relevant spaces
- Establish research frameworks to provide independent commentary, evaluations and forecasts around our primary coverage areas, while identifying unique themes that may impact private markets
- Utilize proprietary PitchBook data, the internet, newspapers, academic white papers, public and private company research notes, trade journals, trade shows and economic indicator forecasts, etc. to inform and develop actionable analysis
- Write and edit research reports as directed by team pipeline and publishing calendar
- Manage direct-to-client distribution channels for published notes
- Maintain and update research information resources
- Work closely with data analysis team to identify unique data points to support research, while also identifying unique tables and graphs that can clearly illustrate that information
- Develop and manage relationships with both client and non-client industry professionals to help support primary research efforts
- Manage and respond to inquiries from clients, press, internal colleagues and the general public regarding published research
- BA/BS in Finance, Business Administration or Economics preferred. Strong understanding of financial concepts such as valuation techniques (DCF, comps, etc.), LBOs, IRRs, asset allocations, etc.
- 1-3+ years’ experience in equity research, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, management consulting or other related financial services role
- Strong interest in private equity and M&A
- Critical thinker
- Detail oriented / analytical mindset
- Strong writing ability
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excel proficiency a plus
- Experience in SQL PitchBook Platform &/or other financial databases a plus
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.