Billing Operations Specialist
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world’s largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century’s leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
You are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. With strong communication skills, you'll handle a high volume of accounts. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. Prior collections experience is not required. You'll bring the enthusiasm and aptitude necessary to get the job done!
You will own:
- Interfacing with customers regarding various billing issues
- Negotiating with customers in real time
- Working cross-functionally, sharing information and influencing key stakeholders
- Working with our internal databases to spot patterns
- Operating internal collections system
- Working harmoniously as part of the Convoy accounting team
You'll have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelors degree
- 0-2 years in a customer facing role
- Excel expertise
- Solid math skills
- Enthusiasm about collections and billing
- Willingness to learn and take direction
- A proactive problem solver. You spot inefficiencies and figure out a fix.
- A positive, active, can-do attitude
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative finance professional who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description