Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Based in Seattle, Subsplash is an exciting award-winning team of 100+ mission-driven people who are committed to our core values of humility, innovation, and excellence. Founded in 2005, we’ve pioneered the market with the first-ever church mobile app. Since then, we’ve been working together to build The Ultimate Engagement Platform™ for churches, Christian ministries, non-profits, and businesses around the world. We find excitement in serving our 9,000+ clients, creating impactful products, and delighting the 40 million real people who use our platform every day. Subsplash has won awards for best mobile experience, been voted top 100 Washington's Best Workplaces by the Puget Sound Business Journal, created some of the most downloaded apps of all time, and built enterprise software for world-class brands like XBOX, Microsoft, Samsung, Expedia, and Cisco; yet, at the end of the day, we love making a lasting impact and a difference in our world.
Working at Subsplash is more than just a job; we are a team of people who are courageous, inventive, and passionate about doing meaningful work every day. Don’t take our word for it—head to Glassdoor and see for yourself!
About Our Team
The Subsplash Finance team is a growing team focused on keeping the company running efficiently and effectively. We are detail-oriented, analytical number crunchers, and love improving processes (not to mention a good spreadsheet!). We rely on each other’s areas of expertise across finance, accounting, and data analysis. If you enjoy working with teams of positive, high-energy people who are experts in their domain, this just might be the right fit for you!
About the Role
As the Chief Financial Officer, you will report to the Chief Executive Officer, Tim Turner, and be a part of the core leadership team in scaling the company. You will be responsible for leading the finance, people operations, legal, and risk/compliance teams of the Company. As the CFO, you will foster a results and metric(s) driven culture by bridging financial management with operational execution.
To be successful in this role, you will need a proven track record of being an inspirational people leader, strong cross-functional collaborator, an outstanding communicator, and a nimble, innovative, and strategic thinker. The ideal candidate will have the ability to understand the company’s long-term strategies and translate them into actionable, motivating, and measurable goals.
- Active participation in influencing company direction, growth, strategic planning, acquisition integration and financial forecasting as a member of the senior management team
- Will help successfully lead M&A integrations for potential acquired companies
- Oversight and leadership of annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CEO and COO; administration and review of all financial plans and budgets; monitoring of progress and changes to keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status
- Present financial results to the Board of Directors with a narrative on results, variances to Plan, trends, and key metrics
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of Company’s financial reporting and cash flow forecasting
- Drive the implementation of necessary business policies & internal controls necessary to effectively scale the company
- Take final responsibility for company’s HR compliance, financial statement audit, compliance requirements, and tax filings
- Oversight of the company’s stock options, commission plans, and benefit plans
- Develop staffing & compensation plans that align with the company’s long-term talent management strategies
- Strategize with company leaders to identify office space & leasing opportunities that align with the Company’s strategic priorities
- Guide system selection & implementation of key accounting, billing, payroll, and HRIS systems
- Serve as a liaison between company and outside legal counsel
- Oversee company’s risk and compliance department, ensuring business risk mitigation and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Compliance/Risk programs such as PCI and GDPR.
- Oversight and mentoring of the finance, people operations, legal, and risk/compliance teams
- 10+ years’ Financial Services experience required, with 5+ years prior experience as a CFO with a demonstrated track record of successfully scaling a business through rapid revenue growth
- Prior M&A/integration experience
- Previous experience in high growth, enterprise software/SaaS environments
- Hands-on experience and prior ability to roll up sleeves and create processes (reporting, KPI’s) and operational best practices for the business
- Prior experience in selection & implementation of key accounting, billing, payroll, and HRIS systems
- Experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination
- Experience overseeing compliance and risk mitigation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of presenting complex financial information in an easy to understand format.
- Prior experience identifying, tracking, and monitoring the key drivers of success
- BS in Accounting or Finance; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Based in Seattle or willingness to relocate
- Any vertical industry experience with churches/faith-based non-profits is preferred
- Experience working for an entrepreneurial and visionary founder/CEO is preferred
Generous benefits plan including Bonus, Stock Options, Paid Time Off, Medical Coverage, Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, 401k, Free Smoothies and Snacks, Public Transportation Subsidy.
Note: Employment with Subsplash is contingent upon satisfactory proof of employee’s right to work in the U.S., as required by law and upon completion of a basic background check and; Employment with Subsplash is considered “at will,” meaning that either the company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time without cause or notice.At Subsplash, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical disability, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Subsplash believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including, recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.