PayScale is the world leader in modern compensation software. We believe data-informed discussions about compensation benefit both employers and employees and that greater pay transparency promotes equity, engagement and employee retention. We are bringing the dark art of compensation into the light by helping individuals understand the right pay for their position and more than 7,000 businesses retain and manage their largest investment: their people.
We’re transforming the compensation industry and are looking to bring on talented professionals like you with diverse perspectives. At PayScale, we acknowledge and value our differences as well as our combined strengths. We want all employees, regardless of their background, to feel respected personally and professionally. We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
We are an upbeat Accounting team and we are looking for someone to join us on the collections side of the department. To keep up with the PayScale team and customers’ demands, you bring a high level of enthusiasm and desire to serve. You are a constant learner, detail oriented, and a self-starter who believes in top quality results.
As part of our Accounting team, your duties will include Collections, Accounts Receivable, and other accounting tasks. This position requires independent task management as well as excellent communication and active listening skills, to be able to work efficiently with both internal employees and external customers in a dynamic fast-paced working environment.
In this role you will:
- Perform courtesy reach-out contacts to customers via phone and email and monitor client account activities for delayed payments.
- Reconcile any invoice discrepancies and respond to customer queries.
- Actively maintain an up-to-date report of open invoices and account activities on the accounting and CRM software.
- Communicate with employees and/or customers to resolve any billing issues.
- Set daily priorities based on open AR and activity history.
- Partner with your manager to report and analyze A/R data to build meaningful action items and priorities.
- Create weekly collection goals using all of available data, such as Receivables balance, collection trends, DSO, seasonality of sales and renewals.
- Identify areas of opportunities to increase efficiencies, improve performance and reduce costs.
- Perform monthly A/R reconciliation to ensure accuracy to the G/L.
- 3+ years of AR or B2B Collection experience
- You have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Microsoft Excel
- You have superior communication, time management, and customer service skills
- You are comfortable negotiating and reviewing payment terms with customers and collaborating with fellow employees
- A self-starter with strong attention to details and analytical skills
- Ability to meet set goals with minimal supervision
- Experience with using NetSuite and Salesforce is a plus
- Basic understanding of GAAP and Revenue concepts
PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Benefits We Offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and partners)
- Four Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards:
- Dependent Care (can be used towards day care costs!)
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 10 paid holidays!
- Summer office closure, entire week of July 4th
- 401k with company match, vests immediately
- Casual dress code (JSS - Jeans, shorts, and sandals welcome!)
- Onsite lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Bike storage
- Coworkers you actually like...
- Gender neutral bathrooms on most floors
- Mothers' Room
- Sitting-Standing ergo friendly desks
- Weekly company sponsored happy hours
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)