Corporate Accounting Manager
We are looking for a high performing Corporate Accounting Manager to join our growing team. We are confident that this represents an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual knowledgeable in accounting and proficient in building interpersonal relationships within and outside of their own department.
Our Corporate Accounting team owns all P&L and Balance Sheet accounting other than that related to revenue, accounts receivable, and deferred revenue. In addition to the management of monthly close and consolidation processes, this team covers a variety of challenging topics including internal-use software, leases, share-based compensation, payroll accounting, and self-insurance. The team has high visibility within the overall accounting organization and within the company. The role will report to the Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting and will be located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Help manage monthly close process
- Review accounting workpapers and own internal control documentation for corporate accounting processes
- Mentor staff and senior accountants
- Prepare and review corporate accounting schedules required as support for quarterly and annual filings
- Interact with external and internal auditors as representative of the corporate accounting team
- Provide analysis of variances between financial results month-over-month and quarter-over-quarter
- Assist with integration of corporate accounting processes for acquired entities
- Help ensure consistencies in processes between domestic and international accounting teams
- Willingness to approach tasks hands-on and balance requirements of both preparing and reviewing deliverables
- 7+ years of experience
- CPA license strongly preferred
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Deep understanding of GAAP, financial statements, and ability to understand technical accounting concepts and topics
- Experience mentoring and managing people
- Drive to work in fast-pace high-growth company
- Highly detail-oriented and excellent verbal and written communication skills
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.