Corporate Accounting Manager
From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the US. We connect millions of people every day, but we're still as committed as ever to the founding mission: to build the simplest, most trustworthy local marketplace. We help bring people together in their communities to exchange value, and we think that exchange is the foundation for a kind of commerce that redefines what "value" really means. In our world, the things we buy and sell are just the primer for the really important stuff, like meeting our neighbors, getting more connected to the places we live and the things that live with us, and creating a marketplace where everyone has something to offer.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 80+ Million Downloads
We are seeking a motivated Corporate Accounting Manager to join and help take our accounting department to the next level. This is an exciting opportunity to build out new or modify existing processes and will give you the opportunity to make a lasting impact by creating key processes from scratch, fixing old broken ones, and influencing business leaders across the Company.
The ideal candidate (you) is technically savvy, has a desire to learn and build and is eager to apply their experience implementing, upgrading and/or modifying technical platforms and are able to navigate, trouble-shoot, and problem solve both independently, as well as ability to work effectively with IT/systems teams. You are collaborative, enjoy solving problems and can work within a dynamic startup environment.
- Grow and scale key accounting processes such as revenue, equity, expense and other complex areas
- Support financial reporting by creating the monthly accounting reporting package and performing key variance analysis
- Become a subject matter expert on every area you touch
- Partner across internal teams, solving complex business scenarios
- Identify, create, and perform key internal controls
- Assist in the month-end close process, including preparation of monthly journal entries, reserves and accruals; and reconciliation of balance sheet account
- Partner with business leaders to help get OfferUp ASC 606 compliant
- Help drive our Accounting/ ERP system implementation
- Extensive knowledge and experience with technical US GAAP, SEC policies, 404 Sarbanes-Oxley implementation and compliance, intercompany accounting and consolidation, and internal control development and documentation
- 5+ years of progressive high-tech industry experience in accounting
- Combination of public accounting firm and industry experience preferred, including experience at a publicly traded company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA license required
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Experience auditing both public and private companies
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.