Corporate Development Manager at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:12 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, September 24, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward.
Corporate Development @ Convoy is a fast-paced environment where you will be challenged everyday to help drive and accelerate decision-making around key strategic initiatives. As a member of the Corporate Development team, you will be responsible for supporting Convoy’s global business development and transaction execution, evaluating a wide-range of business opportunities, including: M&A, investments, joint ventures, and other strategic options. Ideal candidates are eager to get their foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly-growing startup and are excited about taking a high ownership role in a rapidly evolving organization.
- Supporting development of M&A strategy through the identification of potential opportunities.
- Assessing the viability of M&A, investments, new business opportunities, and joint ventures.
- Leading due diligence efforts by managing cross-functional work efforts on key finance, accounting, technology, legal, tax, and regulatory-related issues.
- Owning the development of complex deal models and performing detailed financial and valuation analyses.
- Supporting integration efforts by partnering with key business unit stakeholders in business planning and deal transition.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of corporate development, private equity, investment banking, or management consulting experience (focus on supply chain and logistics is a plus).
- MBA preferred.
- Experience building and managing a team.
- High proficiency with valuation modeling and techniques.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to problem-solve in ambiguous situations.
- You are an excellent communicator that can manage cross-group collaboration (product, engineering, sales, operations, etc.).
- Fluency with Excel and PitchBook.
- You excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing organization.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with SQL and R/Python
Experience in the following are preferred
- Top tier consulting firms
- Tech companies
- Fortune 500 companies
- Trucking or logistics
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you’re a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we’d love to hear from you!