Data Analyst - Pricing Strategy
Join Remitly and change the remittance industry. We are seeking a talented individual who can combine rigorous statistical analysis with strong business judgement to help us scale our pricing program and make meaningful decisions that affect every Remitly transaction. As a member of the Pricing Team, you will significantly impact the direction of pricing strategy and operations at Remitly. Your work will have a direct impact on the success of the company.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will partner with other members of the team to build pricing strategies and analyze customer behavior across all markets in which Remitly operates.
- As a core member of the Pricing Team, you will be a thought leader with respect to pricing choices and merchandising throughout Remitly, partnering with Marketing, Finance, and Business Analysts to build the strategies and products that power our pricing engine.
- You will help develop and maintain KPIs.
- You will provide insightful statistical and econometric analyses that extract value from complex datasets and achieve targeted outcomes.
- Your data driven and quantitative insights will be a critical component of Remitly’s growth.
- You will build tools to automate and optimize aspects of Remitly’s pricing in order to improve efficiency.
- Your work will impact our customer facing product and dictate the prices customers receive on transactions every day. Your decisions will have a significant impact on Remitly’s bottom line. As a strong business thinker, you will also provide analytical expertise and judgement to other teams throughout the organization.
Who we are looking for:
- You have a Degree in Economics, Econometrics, Finance, Statistics, Math, or a related discipline that blends quantitative and qualitative analysis. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Familiarity building dashboards (we use Tableau), experience with SQL and comfortable using Python and/or R (experience with one or the other required) for analysis.
- Excellent candidates will have a diverse set of skills ranging from general analytics to statistics and programming, however their defining characteristics will be strong business intuition and judgement.
- Successful members of the Pricing Team are excellent problem solvers, who come to rigorous and defensible solutions to complex and open-ended problems.
This is a high-visibility role, and strong communication skills are required. Because the decisions made by this role directly affect the prices we are giving customers, the ideal candidate is extremely responsive and demonstrates a high degree of ownership.
Who we are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Remitly is an eVerify Employer.