Director of Commercial Finance - NORAM
We are looking for an outstanding Commercial Finance Director to join Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS)! This is an integral role reporting into the Senior Director of Commercial Finance, acting as a key business partner to the Enterprise Solutions (ES) Commercial team within EPS.
EPS uses the best of the Expedia Group’s partner-facing APIs and template products with a laser focus on B2B, powering hundreds of partners around the world. As the Expedia Group’s partner-focused arm, EPS’ mission is to provide its partners with solutions to drive their growth.
EPS partners with businesses across a wide range of verticals, including loyalty programs, airlines, travel agents, corporate travel management companies and online retailers who remarket EPS rates and availabilities to their travelers. Partners can access EPS products in the way that best suits their business, whether that is a fully customizable environment through EPS APIs or an ‘off-the-shelf’ white-label or co-branded template solution offering or its agent tools.
What you'll do:
- Support and drive commercial negotiations with key partners alongside the ES Commercial team
- Partner strategy - assist in the setting of initiatives, working with partners to identify aims. Develop and lead tools for performance measurement against goals
- Assess new business opportunities – including for e.g. market entry/exit decisions – investigate, research, model and present findings recommending the best course of action
- Identify levers to aid delivering long term growth and profitability
- Deliver high class business intelligence and sales reporting. Ensure information is relevant, timely, reliable and interpreted for the needs of the Sales leaders, Account Managers and Business Development Managers
- Pull insights from reporting and ensure they are effectively disseminated and acted upon where appropriate. Push where necessary for further investigation and interpretation
- Deliver the quarterly forecast and annual plan for the relevant divisions in EPS
- Develop and lead an elite Commercial Finance team
- Drive the dissemination of commercial finance knowledge across the business to improve business insight and enable better decisions to be made
Who you are:
- MBA/Qualified Accountant with 10yrs PQE and demonstrable experience and success in building Commercial Finance teams and supporting negotiations
- Proven success as a finance business partner and build trusted business partnerships with business leader
- Highly collaborative individual with outstanding people skills and ability to establish relationships with internal partners and successfully work with multiple teams
- Highly analytical, going beyond the traditional functions of finance, driving insight and strategy across a broad range of business issues
- Self-motivated, self-aware with ability to work autonomously
- Innovative and open to new insights. Detail-orientated, solves problems creatively with positive can-do attitude
- Can analyze data effectively, interpret and present data in a compelling format to senior management across finance and non-finance, and drive actions
- Has worked in a global fast paced industry, with experience of B2B in a technology or travel tech environment
- Proven experience working with cross functional teams across multiple time zones
- Able to lead various projects at once whilst keeping the teams passionate about delivery
- A skilled people leader, dedicated to developing talent
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.