Director, Corporate Accounting at Smartsheet
Smartsheet is looking for a Director of Corporate Accounting to directly oversee its corporate accounting function. In this role, the selected candidate will lead the monthly close process, expense accounting, fixed asset accounting, and other activities related to daily accounting and overall business administration. This is a role which requires strategic vision combined with ability and passion for hands-on involvement. This position reports to the Vice President, Corporate Controller.
- Oversee and take responsibility for monthly close including consolidation of the financials. Continue to decrease the number of days in monthly close cycle.
- Oversee the team of accountants working on Close (including accounting for all expenses, and most balance sheet items), as well as the Accounts Payable team.
- Oversee and take responsibility for monthly variance analyses.
- Review and approve complex journal entries including those related to internal-use software accounting, share-based compensation, and self-insurance accounting.
- Lead implementation of sophisticated processes that minimize potential for error.
- Work closely with the Head of International Accounting to ensure timely incorporation of our U.K. entity into the monthly, quarterly, and annual closing cycles.
- Ensure continued development and evaluation of internal controls and processes, in accordance with best practices.
- Collaborate with the FP&A team to ensure that our accounting structure supports successful internal financial reporting.
- Collaborate with IT on implementation of systems and processes (e.g. related to expense reporting, A/P, share-based compensation).
- Build the team. Help further develop current team members, and hire, coach and retain additional team members as we continue to grow.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Our Company Culture
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Benefits & Perks
Take advantage of Smartsheet's lucrative incentive plans and competitive base salary. Additionally, we offer comprehensive medical/dental/vision with fully paid premiums for you and your dependents, fifteen vacation days per year to start (with unlimited rollover), flexible sick time, 10 paid holidays, paid parental leave, 401k, tax-free funds for parking or your commute, adjustable desks, crazy fast computers, and dual monitors for everyone.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.