Take care of business
Responsible financial planning, strategic analysis, reporting, and process improvement are what pave the way for Unity to grow and succeed. From day-to-day bookkeeping to compliance and forecasting, our team informs and influences decisions that directly impact Unity’s bottom line.
The primary role of this FP&A Director position is to provide extensive business partnering and financial support to the GM and leadership team of our Operate Solutions business. Our Operate Solutions business offers customers the ability to grow and engage their user bases, and to run and monetize their content irrespective of whether the content was created in Unity. You will partner closely with all levels across Sales, R&D, Operations, Finance, HR, Data and Analytics and Recruiting. This is a high visibility, high impact role where you will interact directly with senior leadership on a recurring basis.
You will succeed in this role because you are a leader with strong business partnership skills, intellectually curious, analytical, driven, and like to roll up your sleeves. We want you to be part of our journey!
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll manage a team responsible for forecasting, consolidating, leading all aspects of the P&L including revenue, COGS, expense, HC and business metrics
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting - identify risks and opportunities in revenue projections and critical metrics‚ enabling leaders to see around the corner regarding business trends
- Continue to drive operational improvement and scalability by developing repeatable business, operational and financial processes widely understood by all key partners
- Prepare insightful analytics for senior leadership team; identify areas of opportunity to help develop the team's strategic direction
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key performance indicators and relevant metrics
What we’re looking for
- 8 - 12 years of FP&A / corporate finance or relevant work experience in progressive leadership roles
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business
- Experience in high growth environments with ability to influence across all levels of an organization
- Experience managing teams
- Experience building financial and decision support models, along with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast paced, quickly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to explain complex issues in an understandable way
- Intellectual curiosity, fueled by a proactive approach to continuously expand one's skillset
- High proficiency in Excel with the ability to build clear and concise financial models and experience with the financial systems and tools such as Adaptive, SQL, Looker, and / or other BI tools
- Highly motivated, self-aware, collaborative, and responsive
You might also have
- Experience working at a global gaming company
- MBA / advanced degree
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.