Director, Global Tax Reporting
Are you a tax professional seeking your next challenge? Are you eager to apply your tax technical skills to solve new and unique challenges? Do you view changes in tax legislation as an opportunity to learn and grow? If so, then consider joining the Tax Team at Expedia Group!
Expedia Group has an exciting opportunity to join its Global Tax Reporting Team as a Director, Global Tax Reporting. The Global Tax Reporting Team is part of the broader tax department and corporate finance at Expedia Group. Our team of tax enthusiasts is responsible for the global tax provision, U.S. income tax reporting (federal, state, and U.S. international reporting), modeling and analysis, tax controversy, mergers and acquisitions support, and special projects.
What you’ll do
In this role, you will perform a leadership role in worldwide tax accounting and reporting, U.S. federal and state income tax compliance, and U.S. federal tax controversy. In addition, you will assist with tax strategy and operations, including process and policy development, technology and automation, tax planning and modeling, and transaction support.
As the Director, Global Tax Reporting, you will partner with teams in Global Finance and Tax to ensure timely and accurate tax reporting and achieve the goals and priorities of the Expedia organization.
The specific responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Tax Strategy and Operations
- Processes and Policy - Develop process documentation and support ongoing process transformation while adhering to controls and policies
- Technology and Automation – Lead the evolution of tax technology tools and support technology enhancements
- Tax Planning and Modeling – Lead review and analysis of changes in tax legislation.
- Transactions – Support the diligence and integration processes for domestic transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, and business initiatives. Prepare calculations and / or disclosures relating to the impact of such transactions.
- Financial Reporting
- Lead a team of tax professionals to account for all aspects of global tax accounting and reporting, including calculating the effective tax rate, current and deferred tax provisions, taxes payable, and return to provision adjustments.
- Analyze the tax consequences of various book / tax differences and tax topics, including accounting methods, debt and derivatives, fixed assets and intangibles, stock compensation, and tax credits.
- Report quarterly and annual accounting for income tax results in the 10Q, 10K, and Non-GAAP reporting.
- Tax Compliance
- Lead a team of tax professionals in the planning, execution, and preparation and filing of U.S. federal and state income tax returns.
- Assist with administration of the U.S. federal income tax audits and other inquiries including tracking of information requests and notices of proposed adjustments. Maintain current, audit-ready workpapers and financial records for all filings.
- Controversy – Support the management of U.S. federal income tax audits and other inquiries. Maintain current, audit-ready workpapers and financial records for all filings.
- Talent Management – Develop and manage a team of tax professionals, supporting ongoing technical and professional development.
Who you are
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) and/or Master’s degree in Accounting or a related discipline
- CPA license preferred
- At least 12 years of professional experience with 5+ years of public accounting experience in ASC 740 with one of the "Big Four" firms or equivalent experience
- Comprehensive technical skills in general accounting principles, ASC 740, and federal and state income tax concepts with exposure to international tax concepts
- Experience supervising teams to build an atmosphere of trust; providing technical training and mentorship to other team members; coaching staff including providing timely and meaningful feedback
- Tax provision and compliance software experience, preferably Corptax
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Strong aptitude for identifying and implementing process improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong tax research skills
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Self-starter and diligent problem solver
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.