Director, Investor Relations
The Director of Investor Relations (IR) is responsible for developing and executing the Expedia Group global investor relations program and strategy, reporting to the Vice President, Head of Investor Relations. The primary objective of the IR program is to craft a holistic investment message and communication strategy and execute that strategy to inform investors and sell-side analysts. In addition, the IR function also leads all facets of the quarterly earnings process, analyzes street models to understand consensus expectations, distills analyst and press commentary about the industry, the company and competitors for internal distribution, and monitors and influences cross company communications for compliance and consistency.
What you’ll do:
- Key role in executing the quarterly earnings process, performing analysis on results, supplying to development of key investment messages and drafting of earnings release, conference call script and other preparation materials and presentations. Partner with teams across the company to ensure smooth execution.
- Plan and accompany executives at conferences, non-deal roadshows and select industry events. Provides materials and 1:1 preparation of these executives for investor questions.
- Help lead and evolve an investor targeting program to support current and find potential new investors. Leverage to inform non-deal road shows, investor conference participation, investor meetings and daily calls with investors and analysts. Drive the tracking and reporting of these efforts.
- Perform valuation analysis on the company stock, peer groups and the market across several vectors to develop insights on overall and relative performance. Collect investor feedback, review analyst reports and monitor consensus expectations to report to executives on stock performance and positioning.
- Partner with finance and strategy teams to perform analysis on key business initiatives and emerging trends. Evaluate ways to communicate insights to investment community.
- Provides business and industry insights to key internal partners including the Executive Operating Committee, Travel Leadership Team, Disclosure Practices Committee, Corporate Development group, brand, supplier, industry and internal communications teams as well as the broad employee population.
- Handles the preparation and distribution of the IR Week in Review, weekly summary of key news items, market movements, investor interactions etc., in conjunction with the IR team.
- Track key financial and qualitative public disclosures to help in preparation of future materials. Also, work with corporate and brand communications teams to ensure consistent messaging.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business required (finance or accounting); MBA a plus.
- 8-10+ years of business experience with growing responsibilities. Experience in investment banking, equity research, or consulting required. Previous investor relations experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of the online travel industry preferred.
- Strong financial and investment analysis capabilities, including deep understanding of financial modeling and valuation techniques.
- Experience working on complex problems and using data to develop answers/solutions.
- Excellent oral and written skills. Ability to develop and communicate complex topics in concise, easy to understand format.
- Ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Advanced skills and experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience developing / executing company communications.
- Real passion for travel and tech businesses.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.