Director, Transfer Pricing
The Director, Transfer Pricing will work with Expedia's Transfer Pricing team and other members of the tax, finance, accounting and legal departments as well as business line professionals on all aspects of developing, implementing, maintaining, testing, and defending Expedia's transfer pricing policies.
What you'll do
- Provide proactive transfer pricing advice and recommendations, develop transfer pricing strategies and drive the implementation of solutions
- Advise on transfer pricing aspects of business expansion including entering into new countries, reorganizations, and cross-border transactions involving multiple jurisdictions
- Develop and implement audit strategies to defend against transfer pricing audits and assist in transfer pricing aspects of US and non-US income tax controversy
- Drive process improvements through the use of technology to streamline tax controllership responsibilities
- Monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax and transfer pricing legislation and assist with defining and implementing appropriate local country strategies
- Drafting and delivering transfer pricing documentation reports
- Collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data and reporting results and recommendations
- ASC 740/FIN 48 analysis and position documentation
- Performing financial / economic analyses and building financial valuation models
- Drafting and reviewing intercompany agreements
- Directly manage transfer pricing team members
Who you are
- At least 10 years of transfer pricing experience and progressively increasing responsibilities
- Advanced degree (MBA, JD, Ph.D.) is preferred
- Big Four Public Accounting / law firm combined with in-house tax experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and partner well with people at all levels within an organization
- Self-starter, hard-working quick learner
- Able to work in a dynamic, informal, often ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to provide senior management with actionable advice with respect to complex transfer pricing issues
- Ability to think strategically and to proactively identify, research, prioritize and resolve transfer pricing issues
- Solid technical expertise in and understanding of US, OECD and local transfer pricing laws and regulations
- Seasoned project management skills and ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work collaboratively with other corporate functions in the implementation of business expansion plans and projects
Why join us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.