Economist at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:09 a.m. (PST) on Monday, February 22, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
- Design and analyze experiments, developing new experimentation strategies as needed
- Perform reduced form causal inference of programs, interventions and product features
- Characterize marketplace dynamics, leveraging econometric models or other techniques as needed to answer business questions and propose new strategies
- Communicate findings and recommendations to cross-functional teams
- Translate business problems into analytical problemsBecome a subject matter expert on whom others rely
- Simplify complex problems without losing essential details
- Represent your expertise and collaborate effectively in a cross-functional setting
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A PhD in economics, finance, public policy, quantitative marketing or equivalent experience in highly related field
- Experience disambiguating business problems and leading projects autonomously end-to-end in a business environment
- Proficiency in R or Python
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!