Engineering Manager- Finance at Remitly
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As an Engineering Manager at Remitly, you'll report to a Director and manage a team of engineers to ship high-quality software with a multi-quarter outlook. You'll set a long-term vision, directing the team to make sound engineering decisions and appropriate tradeoffs between shipping code fast and making important technical investments for the future. As a senior member of our engineering staff, you reflect a growth and continuous improvement mindset. Most of all, you care about our customers and view great engineering as an avenue to bringing great customer value.
As the engineering manager of the Finance Engineering team, you'll lead projects to:
- Automate accounting and finance processes with a focus on reducing time and effort spent on recurring accounting activities.
- Improve financial reporting to increase its accuracy while reducing friction for the whole company as we serve millions of customers in new markets.
- Motivate and coach a team of engineers.
- Work with PMs, senior engineers, and other partners to develop a technical strategy aligned with the product, business, and customer goals.
- Ship great software with a focus on accuracy and long-term quality.
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 6+ years industry experience building and shipping software.
- 2+ years of experience managing a small engineering team, including hiring and training engineers up to Senior level.
- Experience developing scalable back-end systems using a general purpose programming language such as Java or Go.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer