Finance Accounting Manager
Pushpay exists to bring people together by strengthening community, connection, and belonging. As the leading provider of mobile apps and giving technology to churches, schools, and nonprofits, Pushpay helps organizations and their communities stay connected anytime, anywhere.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager works with a team three staff and is responsible for leading the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will have contact with senior-level Staff and the firm’s Executive Team, CFO and Director of Finance which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the New Zealand finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the CFO, Director of Finance, Controller, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Works to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Collaborates with the finance team to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Support Director of Finance with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- 3 years of “big 4” accounting firm experience is preferred, with exposure to SOX compliance Assignments and US GAAP/IFRS conversion projects. IFRS and US GAAP proficiency and experience in navigating through complex technical accounting matters is a must.
- Prior experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area. Experience working in SAAS environment is preferred.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.