Finance Analyst at Expedia Group
The Conversations Platform & Customer Engagement (CPCE) Finance team is looking for an exceptional, self-motivated and customer focused Financial Analyst to support the CPCE organization. The Financial Analyst will work closely with the CPCE finance team and business partners to enable solid business decisions through financial planning and analysis. This person will drive key month-end processes and reporting, quarterly forecasting, and data-driven analysis of key operational and financial metrics. This person will also support the team in distilling complex financial data into actionable information, managing financial models, and analyzing and tracking key initiatives.
What you'll do:
- Deliver regular reporting of monthly financials, quarterly forecast packages, and trend/variance analysis and insight.
- Support the month-end close processes and work with accounting to provide monthly accruals.
- Collaborate with finance and business partners to drive understanding of financial impacts, developing forward looking trends, and identify and communicate risks and opportunities.
- Own the quarterly forecast process and annual plan (for your region and/or product) including driving financial models, forecast loads/inputs, and analysis of variances.
- Assist with the standardization of financial and operational processes and report automation.
- Support the development, analytics, and reporting of key performance metrics and initiatives.
- Adhoc modeling, analysis, and reporting as required.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or related field. Advanced degree a plus.
- 2+ years experience in a financial analysis role.
- Highly proficient with Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Oracle, Hyperion, Workday and Tableau preferred. Knowledge of SQL or willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated understanding of financials and budgeting processes, with strong qualitative and quantitative financial skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, working with people at all levels across a company.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple deliverables and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated proactive and solutions-oriented approach towards business problems and process improvements.
- Highly motivated, curious with a "can do" attitude, and willingness to learn.
- Ability to see the “big picture” and understand key trends and levers.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player; adaptable to different work styles and personalities.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
LI*AG3Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.