Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
Come join our fast growing Finance team! Given the Finance function is growing quickly, we are looking for candidates who 1) are excited to roll up their sleeves to help shape our business strategy and execution and 2) have high potential for growth as we scale the team. Additionally, we value candidates who love what they do, care deeply about the quality of their work, and are continuously learning. Our business is growing and evolving rapidly, and as such, so are we.
- Support our Operations and Carrier functions as their Finance Business Partner; owning the costs associated with scheduling, matching, and delivering a shipment (i.e. our variable costs).
- Take on the role of “mini-CFO” for these departments; owning all elements of financial planning, reporting, and research.
- Embed deeply with your business teams to become a SME in the function as well as a trusted member of their leadership team (with a dotted line relationship to our Ops/Carrier leads).
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience creating a complex financial model from scratch and getting in the weeds on financial data as they are with managing stakeholders and program managing projects.
- 5+ years finance professional with a thorough understanding of the Financial planning and reporting process
- Previously owned financial planning for an operations org and/or full 3-sheet financial models and corporate budgets (i.e. you can assess costs, benefits, and risks for the organization). While not required, familiarity with capacity modeling, workforce planning, and activity-based costing would also be a plus.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!