Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
As a future FP&A team member at Convoy you're eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work. You are continuously learning and are never satisfied with the status-quo. You are as comfortable creating a complex financial model from scratch and getting in the weeds on financial data as you are with managing stakeholders and program managing projects.
We're looking for someone to join the FP&A team as a Finance Business Partner supporting our Product and Engineering teams. The ideal candidate is excited to create processes in a highly dynamic environment and collaborate with stakeholders to align their needs with the financial priorities of the firm.
The finance team's goal is to align Convoy’s roadmap and execution with its desired financial outcomes while democratizing accurate, scalable, and insightful financials across the firm. We “find a path to ‘yes’” while performing our due diligence and controllership. To do so, we are not limited to financial modeling or processing inputs downstream; we earn it through results by embedding with the business and connecting the dots across teams to org-wide strategy and process. We balance financial stewardship, enterprise value, growth/winning, and physics to help make the best choices for Convoy.
- Support our Product & Engineering functions as their Finance Business Partner
- Take on the role of “mini-CFO” for these departments and owning all elements of financial planning, reporting, and research
- Embed deeply with your stakeholders and teams to understand and model their respective needs and build recommendations for strategic outcomes around staffing, tooling, risk management, and capacity.
- Assist in the transformation of resource planning and budgeting into ERP/financial planning tools with Central FP&A and maintain relevant inputs to said systems.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, or Business Analyst roles (start up/tech preferred).
- Experience creating a complex financial model from scratch and getting in the weeds on financial data.
- Previously owned financial modeling and have the ability to assess costs, benefits, and risks for the organization with impact beyond their own team.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as part of a growing organization and present your findings.
- Developed processes, tools, and/or tests that enable teams to have high ROI outcomes.
- Proven track record of strong cross functional partnership with stakeholders to understand details drivers and support business outcomes.
- Proactively raised risks and opportunities and suggestions for changes to the roadmap.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of SQL, Workday Financials, Adaptive Insights, and Tableau is a plus.
- Experience with Product and Engineering management is a plus.
- Experience managing multiple projects and stakeholders on strict timelines is a plus.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!