Finance Manager at Expedia Group
We are the eCommerce Platform (or eCP for short), an organization of over 3,000 employees – not including our many customer support agents – that runs the technology engine under the hood of the powerful Expedia Group machine. eCP is the foundation for Expedia Group’s daily operations – from IT support to data center management, system access to traveler assistance, payment services to big data. Our teams are front and center in the lives of our employees, providing laptops, office space, network access, and data security, among many other things; and we are working steadily behind the Expedia Groups’ brand websites, converting customer “clicks” into incredible travel experiences. We power Expedia Group’s travel revolution with a world class platform of eCommerce technologies and services operating at a global scale.
Within eCP, the Global Customer Operations (GCO) team manages the customer experience on behalf of several Expedia Group brands across the traveler journey. GCO agents and products interface with the customer through voice and other channels to provide support, service and resolution to their shopping/booking and travel experiences. The Product and Technology teams of GCO build, service, design and iterate on the tools and products utilized by our onshore and offshore agents as well as our customers and affiliates; our Service Delivery team is responsible for the agent training and development, product integration and partner operations across our 30 call centers around the world, and serves as the company’s primary service interface with our external customers. Our Line of Business (LOB) teams serve as the conduit between the Brands and GCO, facilitating the partnership to deliver on new products, points of sales and acquisitions. GCO strategy, analytics, operations and project teams further support GCO through reporting, targeted initiatives and strategic direction.
What you will do:
GCO FP&A is seeking a dynamic, self-driven and customer focused Finance Manager to provide end-to-end ownership of finance support for the Brand Expedia (BEX) LOB. This role will report to the Senior Finance Manager, GCO Brand Expedia Group (BEXG).
- Partner with GCO BEXG LOB leaders to develop a deep understanding of business levers and identify opportunities to drive value across the organization
- You will distill complex financial data into actionable information, build financial models, analyze new initiatives, create financial forecasts, and analyze operational metrics
- Identify and implement process and reporting enhancements to drive additional insight for key stakeholders
- Collaborate with business partners in the development of forward-looking trends, including financial forecasts and annual budgets, and identify and communicate risks and opportunities
- Drive process improvement through effective collaboration and partnership and influence decision-making to ensure business partners meet the financial objectives of the organization.
- Support the month-end close processes and work with accounting to provide monthly accruals
- Adhoc modeling, analysis, and reporting as required
Who you are:
- BA required; MBA preferred, with a major or concentration in Finance
- 6+ years of experience in financial analysis
- High level of intellectual curiosity that drives sense of ownership and desire for continuous improvement
- Advanced analytic, modeling, forecasting, and presentation skills
- Results driven and highly motivated, with the ability to think big and small.
- Ability to interpret and present data in a visually compelling format to financial and non-financial audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management
- Able to lead and influence decisions across all areas of the business
- Strong strategic and tactical business skills and a real passion for using data to drive better decision-making
- Comfortable working with ambiguity in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient with Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Oracle, Hyperion and Essbase preferred.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.