Finance Operations Business Analyst at Trupanion
Trupanion is looking for an expert, collaborative, and innovative Business Analyst to join the FinOps Team. As a critical member of the team, you will collaborate closely and cross-functionally within the business and finance to improve our financial systems, integrations, and business processes, ensuring Trupanion remains nimble and adaptable while enhancing our financial and operational data accuracy and reducing manual efforts. This is a hands-on position that requires a candidate who is willing to dig into the details, but is still capable of maintaining a 20k-foot view.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate with cross-functional end users to identify financial system requirements
- Assist with root cause analysis of financial system support requests and make process improvement recommendations
- Analyze business process workflows, financial systems, and software capabilities to streamline and support the administration and deployment of key tools such as Workday, Concur, Zuora, Sovos , etc.
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to critical initiatives
- Partner with the Business Intelligence and Analytics teams to provide enhanced data and reporting
- Provide analytic support to streamline reporting and drive data-based decision making
- Partner with IT in devising testing scenarios to verify results
- Maintain documentation and training materials for financial systems
- Educate user base through both formal and informal training material
- Other ad hoc related tasks and projects as needed to support our 5-year strategic plan and vital growth initiatives.
Education, Registration & Certification:
- BS/BA degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or Business, preferred, but not required
- 1-3 years proven experience
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proven ability to communicate efficiently cross-departmentally, required
- Experience in capturing and documenting business requirements, required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, required
- Ability to creatively problem-solve and drive process improvements, required
- Capacity to prioritize requirements and respond dynamically amid changing business needs, required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, required
- Exposure to SOX, PCI, and/or other regulatory requirements, desired
- Familiarly with lean/agile concepts and processes, desired
- Experience with financial and insurance systems, desired
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off and 9 paid float holidays (you can decide which days are most important to you!)
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Seattle Office Amenities: Free on-site gym, free dog walking services for office pets during business hours, free parking, and paid ORCA cards.
About Trupanion :
We're all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We're focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself: https://www.facebook.com/Trupanion/videos/10155423763702974/
We're more than insurance - we're a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion , we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion , visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.