Financial Analyst, Brand Marketing at Expedia Group
The Brand Expedia Finance organization is looking for a collaborative, curious and detail-oriented Financial Analyst to support our growing Brand Marketing organization. This role provide s financial leadership to a world-class team of scientifically-minded marketers, who are constantly looking for new ways to improve the short- and long-term impact of our marketing spend. During a typical day, you’ll support a range of strategic and operational activities, finding creative ways to solve some of our most pressing big-picture challenges. You’ll play an integral role in crafting our decisions on where and how we spend money from end to end, including creative development, media buying across platforms (television, digital video, and out-of-home), and post-buy performance measurement, all while being exposed to and working closely with some of Brand Expedia’s most creative thinkers including teams responsible for Programmatic, Public Relations and Social Media activities to help expand Expedia’s overall brand presence in the marketplace.
What you’ll Do
- Help achieve the best possible return on marketing spend by developing business cases for good strategic investments, and by asking questions about ones that might need a bit of work.
- Communicate business performance to leaders both inside and outside the Finance organization, and the implications of that performance for future business decisions.
- Identify risks and opportunities, and quantify their potential impact, during the quarterly forecasting process
- Drive deeper insight into the performance of the business by exploring the data in new ways, and collaborating with subject matter experts in Marketing, Analytics, and Data Science to operationalize those insights into tangible improvements in how the business runs.
- Improve cost visibility through effective management of invoices.
- Gain exposure and knowledge across a variety of emerging and traditional marketing channels
- Develop new and innovative ways of measuring marketing return on investment
Who you are
- Curiosity – Your curiosity will be the key to keeping up with the talented and committed people that you'll be collaborating with every day. You will learn much more than just what numbers are on a spreadsheet...you’ll know why they’re there as well.
- Flexibility – Your ability to embrace and lead through change will be important in an environment where things change frequently. Flexibility in communication is just as important, since you will be working with business partners from a wide variety of backgrounds, many of whom don’t speak Finance as fluently as you do. You’ll need adjust how you communicate depending on who is in the audience.
- Collaborative Mindset – Everyone on our team depends upon each other to improve our performance as a whole. This means that you'll need to collaborate across Finance teams, across functions, and across brands. Knowing when, and who, to ask for help will be crucial to your success.
- Attention to Detail – For a Finance job, this one should be pretty obvious. We’re trusting you with a large budget, so you’re going to need to stay on top of where the money is going and what the return on investment will be.
- Entrepreneurial – You’ll have the freedom to identify new ways of working that can revolutionize our organization while having the full backing and support of a global finance team
- 2-4 years of work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or quantitatively-oriented field
- Experience with Oracle or similar ERP system
Stuff you might get some bonus points for:
- Experience in travel or e-commerce
- Familiarity with VBA or SQL
- Familiarity with machine learning principles
- Familiarity with experiment design in an e-commerce environment
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-FC1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.