Financial Analyst (FP&A, Growth Finance Team)
Team Remitly is a digital international money transfer company united through our mission - to tirelessly deliver on our promise to immigrants sending money across the world. We do this by providing immigrants and their families the most trusted financial service products on the planet.
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We are seeking an innovative analyst to join Remitly’s Financial Planning & Analysis team. As a member of the Growth Finance unit, you are passionate about managing investments and measuring outcomes. Your recommendations are grounded in the data, but you have a knack for connecting the quantitative with the qualitative. You are a strategic thinker and leader who will help us determine our next move.
You will accomplish all of this by wearing many hats, including partnering with stakeholders to drive business decisions, presenting to senior leadership, diving into the data, and building models that expose risks and highlight opportunities. Your work will directly drive strategic decision-making and contribute to our goal of building a world-class finance team.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support driving topline revenue and COS accountability across Executive Leadership Team, Marketing, and Business Development to ensure that Remitly keeps pace with its growth targets
- Dive deep into our growth model, building out scenarios and identifying areas for improvement
- Elevate our view of the business by analyzing financial results, identifying trends, and monitoring variances
- Support a regular cadence of forecasting and goal-setting by analyzing actual results against plan, and recommending actions to management
- Propose opportunities for automation in tools and processes that drive productivity and keep pace with our growth rate
- Improve our understanding of unit costs through reporting and analysis
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in mathematics, engineering, business, economics, finance or other quantitative field, OR a proven track record of success in a quantitative role
- 3-4 years of professional experience in a quantitative, financial, or management consulting role
- Ability to communicate data-based decisions to individual contributors as well as leadership.
- Ability to articulate clearly and defend your decision making process.
- Self-starter with a knack for streamlining process; eager to learn, ability to be flexible in constantly changing and growing business
- Deep familiarity with data manipulation using tools such as Excel; experience using tools to build financial models
- Experience with SQL is a plus, willingness to learn essential
Who we are:
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $6 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers’ PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.