Financial Analyst - Technical & Operations
Why we’ll hire you:
- You are familiar with how a tech company operates - Software Engineering, Product Development, and Hosting and know that Shared Services help support those teams (Legal, IT, Facilities)
- You are scary good with data. You look at charts, furrow your eyebrows, and observe that something doesn’t seem quite right. Others see trends; you see outliers. Financial accounting, general ledger reviews, reclass and accruals, variance analysis, invoice payment issues - these things are second nature to you.
- You have deep empathy for the business owners you will support. You understand at a cellular level that people have jobs to do and decisions to make, and it is your job to help them do that in as data-driven a way as possible.
- You have an uncanny ability to get to the question behind the question. You do not accept presuppositions, and are driven to find solutions and novel approaches; to figure out what can be done to move the business forward, in the messy real world of imperfect information.
- You show a pattern of being self-started, self-taught, and self-directed. You are your own QA team, producing quality analysis and creating novel ways to ensure accuracy in reporting and forecasting.
At a high level, you will have three core areas of focus:
- Be a Financial Analyst, working with the team to provide day to day support in financial planning (forecasting), reporting and analysis as it relates to our financial, headcount and operational metrics, specifically partnering with the Engineering (Development and IT), Product and Shared Services leaders to ensure key performance targets are being met.
- Partner with accounting and operational business owners to ensure financial accuracy, manage expenses, update forecasts, and narrate financial story to senior leadership.
- Scale and transition from startup to mature enterprise - we need the best people on board to help us refine our planning processes, and ensure financial management and accountability are spread throughout the organization
Your toolset includes:
- Retrieving and manipulating large datasets
- Experience and a passion for fast paced, high growth companies
- Periscope, Tableau, Power BI or similar data visualization tools
- Netsuite, Hyperion, Host Analytics, Adaptive Planning, or other EPM tools
- Fundamentals of financial accounting, analytics and internal customer service
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Math, Statistics, Business, or Computer science preferred - the main thing is you have learned how to think analytically.
- At least 3 years in corporate finance / operational FP&A at either a high-growth tech startup or an established technology company
- Deep understanding of accounting rules, and the impacts to financial forecasting
- Extraordinary Excel / financial modeling skills. Best practices are second-nature, you can handle complexity but strive for simplicity, and are constantly excited by new tips and tricks
- Attention to detail combined with swift implementation. We need to do multiple things quickly and we need to do them well
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Specifically, you know how to present analytics results to the business in a useful and consumable way. You proactively reach out to management to engage in discussions and share regular updates on the business
- High emotional intelligence and adept communication are required in our fast-moving environment
Benefits of working for Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- 50 free dog walks per year using our on-demand dog walking service
- Doggy PTO – $400 in pet sitting services on Rover.com
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more!