In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office has grown from humble beginnings in a 200-square-foot windowless room to our current three-floor home in a downtown skyscraper. Located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square, our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
This highly visible role will report to the Senior Manager of FP&A and be responsible for contributing, improving and building PitchBook's financial planning & analysis function and working with department leaders across the organization to supply meaningful insights into their decision making.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Be a key contributor in the annual budgeting and ongoing forecasting cycles in partnership with PitchBookleadership
- Prepare weekly sales and revenue forecasts
- Help streamline planning/reporting, as well as identify improvement and prioritization opportunities
- Support the implementation of tools to automate or streamline the budgeting and forecasting process
- Serve as key business partner working directly with management and other internal stakeholders to provide actionable insights
- Improve financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management
- Develop ad hoc business analysis and present recommendations to senior management on topline or cost efficiency initiatives
- Create financial models, analysis and ROI/ROIC to support business investment decisions and financial performance of existing products
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of financial analyst experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Power Pivot/macros)
- Comfort and experience using SQL to extract and manipulate data
- Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to turn data into actionable insights
- Proven skills working cross organizationally
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.