Financial Analyst at Expedia Group
Financial Analyst, eCommerce Platform
eCommerce Platform (eCP) Finance is looking for a Financial Analyst to support the EG IT organization. The Financial Analyst will work closely with the Senior Finance Manager and other eCP Finance team members to enable solid business decisions through financial insights, meaningful analysis, and reporting. This person will also work closely with various functions including, but not limited to eCP business partners, Sourcing, Procurement, Accounting, and Human Resources.
What'll you do:
- Coordinate month-end close reporting and produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly expense and headcount reports to highlight key insights and levers for Finance and IT leadership
- Provide insights and reporting to support MBR, QBR and Board of Director presentations
- Support operating and capital forecasting/planning for the IT organization
- Partner with business leaders to drive understanding of financial impacts
- Assist with the standardization of financial and operational processes and reporting
- Support the development, analytics, and reporting of key performance metrics
- Adhoc modeling, analysis, and reporting as required
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance and/or Accounting required. Advanced degree a plus.
- 2+ years experience in a financial analysis role
- Advanced analytic, modeling, forecasting, and reporting skills
- Highly proficient with Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Oracle and Hyperion preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, working with people at all levels across a company
- Demonstrated proactive and solutions-oriented approach towards business problems and process improvements
- Results driven, highly motivated, and curious with a “can do” attitude and willingness to learn
- Strong attention to customer service; adaptable to different work styles and personalities
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and competing priorities
- Comfortable working with ambiguity in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.