Financial Analyst at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:03 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, October 6, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As a future Financial Analyst at Convoy you are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work. You are continuously learning and are never satisfied with the status-quo. You are as comfortable creating a complex financial model from scratch and getting in the weeds on financial data as you are with managing stakeholders and program managing projects.
The finance team's goal is to align Convoy’s roadmap and execution with its desired financial outcomes. To do so, we are not limited to financial modeling or processing inputs downstream; we earn it through results by embedding with the business and connecting the dots across teams to org-wide strategy and process. We balance financial stewardship, enterprise value, growth/winning, and physics to help make the best choices for Convoy.
- Own financial reporting that is scalable.
- Manage planning and goal setting with business and finance stakeholders.
- Forecast and monitor progress vs. plan.
- Partner with stakeholders to drive business outcomes in alignment with financial goals.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, or Business Analyst roles (start-up/tech preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as part of a growing organization.
- Developed processes, tools, and/or tests that enable teams to have high ROI outcomes.
- Ability to assess costs, benefits, and risks for the organization with impact beyond their own team.
- Proactively raised risks and opportunities and suggestions for changes to the roadmap.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
Nice to have's:
- Knowledge of SQL and Workday Financials is a plus.
- Experience building and scaling custom GL / ERP solutions and reporting is a plus.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!