You: You are a high energy individual with the ability to manage large workloads, prioritize effectively, communicate clearly and deliver results. You are a self-starter who can work well with all levels of the cross-functional teams and handle large amounts data to create insightful reporting. You have experience in fast paced environment, ideally working in Finance or Accounting or providing financial /analytical support to business groups.
Us: We are a growing Financial Planning & Analysis team. The goals of the team include leading the annual budgeting process, maintaining an accurate financial forecast, and providing reporting and ad-hoc analytics for our business partners and the Apptio executive team.
What we want you to do:
- Partner with senior business leaders to meet corporate objectives, including sales, revenue, and expense goals.
- Update key metrics and data within Adaptive Planning, Apptio’s SaaS based financial planning tool.
- Assist in the financial planning process; support senior business leaders as they create and evolve their resourcing plans.
- Work with senior business leaders to create monthly reporting that communicates variances from plan and captures changes to the go-forward forecast. Identify trends and make recommendations for improvement.
- Create ad-hoc financial / metric models to assess the impact of planned business decisions on the organization.
- Assist the different department heads with designing metrics, analysis, reporting and tools to help them more clearly understand and communicate the impact of their actual and planned business decisions.
- Assist with Board and leadership team presentations on financial results and forecast.
- Assist in the month-end close process, which includes maintaining expense pivots and support tools.
- Work with the Accounting and Finance department to develop and document process improvements and controls and support on-going business deliverable enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
- 2+ years of work experience in Finance and/or Accounting, preferably in the technology or professional services sector.
- Strong analytical skills and financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models.
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions, experience with Access a plus.
- Experience working with business owners across operating department and business units, developing plans and reporting results of operations.
- Strong communication skills and customer service; adaptable to different work styles and personalities. Comfortable working with senior business leaders.
- Good business acumen.
- Good understanding of sales incentive compensation structures and design
- Advanced time-management skills to handle multiple deliverables.
- Solid understanding of the key financial reports (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement) and their inherent relationships and dependencies
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong qualitative, quantitative financial skills and spreadsheet, data-management skills.
- Familiarity with NetSuite and Adaptive.
- Familiarity with the following systems a plus: Salesforce, GainSight, Concur, and WorkDay.
- Willingness to occasionally work a flexible schedule.
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, Apptio stock and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio (NASDAQ: APTI) is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.