From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the US. We connect millions of people every day, but we’re still as committed as ever to the founding mission: to build the simplest, most trustworthy local marketplace. We help bring people together in their communities to exchange value, and we think that exchange is the foundation for a kind of commerce that redefines what “value” really means. In our world, the things we buy and sell are just the primer for the really important stuff, like meeting our neighbors, getting more connected to the places we live and the things that live with us, and creating a marketplace where everyone has something to offer.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
OfferUp is seeking a driven and scrappy Financial Analyst to take our expense budgeting, forecasting, and reporting processes to the next level. This will involve working closely with cost center owners to build accurate and repeatable financial models for major vendors such as AWS, maintaining our headcount budget model, identifying potential cost savings, and partnering closely with the Accounting team during the month-end close process.
OfferUp is rapidly growing and this is a great opportunity to grow your career along with it!
- Build and maintain OPEX and COGS models and reporting
- Drive the monthly forecast process for expenses
- Analyze monthly results and perform variance analysis
- Maintain company-wide P&L reporting
- Build models for major vendors including Amazon Web Services and our outsourced customer care vendor
- Partner with senior executives to formulate cost savings ideas and assist in contract negotiations
- Dive deep into vendor contracts, keeping track of upcoming renewal dates and usage and proactively identifying efficiencies
- Own OfferUp’s headcount planning model
- 2-5 years of FP&A experience in a corporate environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting OPEX
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Highly detailed, intellectually curious, driven, and collaborative
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Experience modeling Headcount
- Experience with FP&A systems implementations
- VBA and SQL aptitude
- Start-up experience
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.