Skilljar is looking for our next finance team member! The ideal candidate will be an analytical thinker that uses data to inform the business. They will support our high-growth trajectory and will work closely with our leadership team to help Skilljar achieve our goals.
This role will be very hands-on, analyzing data related to Skilljar operations in sales, marketing, customer success, and product. This individual will facilitate goal setting across the organization, manage the reporting against those goals on a weekly and monthly basis, and provide insights into opportunities to improve business performance.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Build and maintain the reporting of key performance metrics for various teams including sales, marketing, customer success and product that are published daily, weekly and monthly.
- Leverage data and quantitative analysis to help the leadership team understand business drivers and opportunities.
- Develop a financial model for the annual planning and budgeting process for all aspects of the organization.
- Drive forecasting process and bridge actual performance back to those forecasts.
- Facilitate a quarterly company goal setting process with the leadership team and monthly updates of progress against those goals.
- Support various organizational processes such as month close process, sales commission calculations, and SOC2 control management.
- 3+ years of Finance or Business Analyst experience.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Engineering, Math, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Highly experienced with Microsoft Excel, including functions such as sumifs and vlookups, charts, graphs, and pivot tables. SQL experience strongly preferred.
- SaaS experience strongly preferred.
- Salesforce experience strongly preferred.
- Maintains a high level of time-sensitive work prioritization, accuracy, organizational and communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, open office environment.
- Self-sufficient, results-oriented with a commitment to quality, service and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a highly ambiguous environment is a must for this role.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the Customer Education Platform of choice for mid to large-sized enterprises. Trusted by leading global enterprise organizations like Cisco and Verizon, Skilljar’s SaaS platform empowers Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage, and retain customers and increase product adoption throughout the customer journey. We are a team of bright, passionate Skillets with Amazon roots and startup drive. Centrally located just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle, the Skilljar office is a fun, perfectly-caffeinated, and creative place to be (come check out our 3-D laser printer). Apply to join us!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.