What are we up to at Tango Card:
Tango Card helps thousands of companies reach their business goals by making rewards and incentives easy and awesome. Our customers genuinely love working with us and it shows as we are in the top 10% of Inc’s 5000 fastest growing companies. We are backed by a stellar group of investors including private equity firm FTV (who led a $35M growth equity round in 2018), Fyrfly Venture Partners, Floodgate Capital, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, SWaN & Legend partners, and WTI.
We have 2500+ live enterprise customers today including some of the World’s most recognizable businesses like Twitter, Google, Extole, Microsoft, Salesforce and F5. We also work with the top Gift Card brands including Amazon, Starbucks, Target, Walmart, Home Depot and over 300 more in 30+ countries. Our customers send millions of Gift Cards a month using Tango Card and we’ve facilitated nearly $1B of these Gift Card transactions since inception. Last but certainly not least, we proudly partner with many of the most respected non-profits in the country including the National Park Foundation, Special Olympics, and Habitat for Humanity.
Why work for us:
Tango Card is proud to have been rated of the best companies to work for by BuiltIn Seattle. We are on an incredible path to be the #1 rewards provider for companies around the world, and to get there we need amazing people (like you) in finance, engineering, and support roles to realize this vision.
We foster an office-culture of autonomy and transparency with flexible working hours and slim org structures. We provide our team members with what they need to be successful in their role, whether this is the latest technology at their fingertips or going to conferences to learn about new industry trends. Our offices are designed for productivity and comfort with optional standing desks, comfortable pod-chairs, and a very dog-friendly environment. With a company like Tango Card that is experiencing high growth year over year, career opportunities abound and you really have the chance to create, own and grow your role.
Reward yourself, and join the Tango Card team.
Tango Card is on the lookout for a real self-starter to own their role as our first Financial Controller. The person who fills this role will be hands-on and collaborative, while supporting the FP&A team in all aspects of the accounting lifecycle. They will quickly find there is no such thing as a “typical day” and that our FP&A team is just as agile as our Engineer Team. There will be numerous ad hoc projects for upper management and investors, while completely owning the recording and reporting of Tango Card’s financial activity. This role will define processes, help to improve and implement new accounting practices, and be at the forefront of leading potential international and domestic expansion. If you’re an experienced accounting professional with a background in tech and you're ready to have a huge impact on an organization, Tango Card might just be right for you!
Reports to: Director of Finance
As Tango Card’s Financial Controller, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Oversee, with hands-on help as needed, the preparation of prelim and final monthly and annual financial statements; ensure transactions are properly accounted for in accordance with US GAAP
- Ensure month end close deadlines are met
- Manage financial reporting of all Tango Card subsidiaries (both domestic and international) to produce timely and accurate financial statements
- Responsible for compliance with state and local business tax laws, regulations and filings
- Work closely with internal department managers to review expenses vs budget
- Review policy and procedures, and implement best practices with a focus on scalable accounting processes
- Fully own timely completion of monthly closing activities including balance sheet reconciliations, preparation, and posting of journal entries, and reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers
- Serve as a financial resource to all Tango Card personnel
- Ad hoc projects on financial health of the company as requested from executive leadership and investors
Our Financial Controller will have most of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, business, or finance OR equivalent experience
- 5 + years of general accounting experience in the tech industry OR 2+ years as a financial controller
- Strong communication skills and the ability to speak and work with senior management
- Able to prioritize and organize competing tasks
- State B&O tax experience (reporting requirements and filing)
- Experience working with foreign entities and multiple subsidiaries
- Familiarity with NetSuite, or a similar program
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Have held a previous role in finance/accounting in a growing tech company
- Deep familiarity with GAAP and its evolution in the tech industry
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive pay (money isn’t everything, but it helps)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits (100% employer paid premium)
- Unlimited PTO and a generous holiday schedule
- 401(k) matching and equity opportunities, 401(k) 100% match of up to 6%
- Transportation stipend to make the Seattle commute just a bit easier
- Dog-Friendly office located in the heart of West Seattle
- Culture that fosters autonomy, creativity, inclusion, transparency, and ownership
Tango Card is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we are strong because we are diverse.