At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $7 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We're searching for a Financial Reporting Manager to join Remitly’s Finance team, reporting to our VP, Corporate Controller. You are a motivated manager who is excited by the opportunity to make a big impact in a growing Company.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare and review the financial statements observing various financial reporting frameworks
- Be the primary liaison with external auditors for the financial statement and the 401(k) audits
- Help with preparation and review of the statutory audits
- Perform technical accounting research and documentation working closely with your partners to determine the impact of new accounting standards and to determine the accounting implications of changes in the business including new products
- Prepare and review communication materials containing financial information
- Help with the equity compensation process including the accounting for stock-based compensation expense
- Ensure that there are appropriate controls over financial reporting that are designed and operating effectively to avoid financial statement risks;
- Be the back-up for the Controller and the Sr. Accounting Manager on daily and month-end close responsibilities such as:
- Approval of journal entries; and
- Preparation and approval of account reconciliations.
Who You Are
- Has a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance and 7+ years of professional experience in an accounting or finance role.
- At least two years of supervisory experience.
- Strong technical accounting background.
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and good working knowledge of IFRS.
- Public accounting and/or public company experience highly preferred.
Who We Are
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.Our Benefits:
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer