Financial Reporting Manager
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Financial Reporting Manager that would be responsible for planning, preparing, and leading all internal and external financial reporting, including audit coordination, for our rapidly growing business. We are looking for someone with not only strong technical accounting skills, but the ability to support the building of systems and processes to scale with the business as required. This position will report to the Corporate Controller.
What's the job really?
- Coordinate and lead the financial close process; produce work papers and analyses within a close timeline.
- Prepare monthly and other periodic financial statements, disclosures, and related support for all current and future external reporting obligations.
- Research and provide technical accounting guidance on complex issues and transaction cycles such as revenue recognition, lease accounting, stock compensation, internal-use software, income taxes, and other non-routine complex business transactions.
- Identify, build, and maintain internal accounting and finance policies and internal controls; identifying process improvements and ensuring best practices.
- Participate in the implementation of new financial systems and process automation.
- Act as liaison for financial audits with an external CPA firm and income tax consultants.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 6+ years of accounting experience with relevant responsibilities, preferably with experience in fast-growing software and/or startup company.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, and ability to research accounting guidance.
- Understanding of foreign subsidiaries, consolidations, and foreign currency translation.
- Advanced Excel competency.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to operate in fast-paced, rapidly evolving, and data-driven organization.
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.