FP&A Manager at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:04 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, August 15, 2019
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward.
Who you are:
As a Finance Manager at Convoy, you are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. Finance at Convoy enables “eyes-wide-open” decisions & execution for the business through financial planning, budgeting, and short/long term analysis. We seek to have a broad lens on success; balancing financial stewardship vs. enterprise value, growth/winning, and physics. Our goal is never limited to building a great financial model or processing results downstream; we aim to be regarded as trusted advisors and thought leaders by our business partners.
You will have ownership of:
- Performing detailed financial modeling and reporting that is flexible and scalable as we grow.
- Driving clarity on trends and goal tracking in support of strategic initiatives.
- Helping develop foundational processes that enable our teams to move fast and make high ROI decisions for Convoy.
- Resolving high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in Finance experience in a growing tech company, fortune 500, or logistics.
- You are able to see around corners to suggest, own, and drive projects that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy.
- The ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing organization.
- Excellent communicator that can flow across a wide range of partners (product, engineering, sales, etc).
- You love working with numbers and have owned 3-sheet financial models and corporate budgets.
- You can assess costs, benefits, and risks for the organization.
- Driving effective teamwork, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
Nice to have skills/experience
- Experience with SQL and R/Python
Experience in the following are preferred
- Top tier consulting firms
- Tech companies
- Fortune 500 companies
- Trucking or logistics
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!