At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $7 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We're searching for an Internal Control Compliance Manager to join Remitly’s Finance team, reporting to our VP, Corporate Controller. You will employ a healthy obsession with internal controls - creating them, managing them, testing them, and promoting them across the organization in partnership with multiple teams. If you're excited by the opportunity to make a big impact in a fast-growing company, this role is for you.
What You’ll Do
- Establish and manage an internal control compliance framework from risk assessment to reporting
- Establish and lead workstreams to ensure internal control tasks, including control documentation, are maintained and completed working with your partners
- Manage and perform testing of internal controls, including analyzing and evaluating accounting and IT documentation, reports, data, and flowcharts.
- Partner across teams to ensure internal control issues identified are understood and resolved
- Present regular reports to Accounting, IT and other business leaders on internal control compliance activities such as control findings, results and recommendations for improvement
- Be the primary liaison between the external audit firm and the business for internal controls testing, and manage projects to maximize productivity of audit and minimize impact to the business
- Manage ad-hoc internal control compliance related projects
Who You Are
- You have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance and 5+ years of professional experience in an accounting or finance role.
- 2+ years in public accounting or in an internal audit or compliance role
- Tenaciously follow through on commitments, no matter how small.
- Public accounting and public company experience preferred.
- You love cross team collaboration, communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Who we are
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer