Pivotal Commware develops 5G communications platforms, systems and applications based on Holographic Beam Forming® , a patented breakthrough in electromagnetic physics. HBF allows Pivotal to create software-defined antennas that can harness, shape and direct radio waves with order-of magnitude advantages over legacy beamforming systems in cost, size, weight and power consumption (C-SWaP). HBF enables mobile network operators to maximize capacity, coverage and throughput on demand and is recognized as an essential element in the 5G ecosystem. 5G leadership is pivotal to the US economy, and 5G is Pivotal™.
Pivotal Commware is offering the opportunity to be a member of our growing startup’s small Accounting team where you can rapidly expand your skill set through exposure to numerous areas of the accounting functions. This includes GL work, account reconciliations, journal entry prep and fixed asset tracking etc.. To succeed in this role we ask that you bring your accounting knowledge, organizational skills, and ability to execute repetitive tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
What Pivotal Offers:
· Own Accounts Payable - process vendor invoices and code credit card transactions.
· Review employee expense reports for compliance and accurate classification
· Prepare month end Journal Entries
· Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts
· Investigate GL discrepancies
· Record and track Fixed Assets, generate monthly depreciation expense
· Perform Bank Reconciliations
· Support annual Financial Statements Audit
· Document and enhance the accounting processes and procedures with an eye toward improving internal controls and increasing efficiencies
· Special projects galore
What Pivotal is Looking for:
· Strong attention to detail
· 2+ years of work in an accounting focused role
· Desire to learn
· Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
· Demonstrated customer service skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred; or a combination of education and experience that yields the required knowledge, skills and abilities
· Proficiency with QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel are a plus
· Someone who is flexible, adaptive, and resilient - enjoys working in a startup environment
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
At Pivotal you’ll join a team experienced in advanced communications, commercial antennas, RF circuit design, machine learning and active/nonlinear metamaterials.
Named among Washington’s Top 100 Places to Work in 2018 & 2019, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly respect and seek to empower each individual while supporting diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. If you want to apply yourself to this fascinating endeavor, then we’d like to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description